We all make New Year’s resolutions, most are to lose weight, stop smoking, find a better job, all of which are abandoned even before we close the door on January 31st.
This year, I am not going to set myself up to fail at New Years resolutions that will end up never being met. Instead, I am going to make a list of things that I am most grateful for and that I pray for peace and prosperity in the new year:
- My children are healthy and in stable, long-term, one married, one engaged relationships 🙂
- My husband is healthy and has a wonderful job that is very supportive of family and home life
- I am back around family and friends who are my support structure through the rough times and celebration team through the great times
- I am healthy, love my job, and have three fun loving fur babies to keep me on my toes at home
- God and I are better than we have been
- Grateful for finishing my book and I am pushing to publish it this year
- Grateful to work on finding peace for the losses I carry daily
- Waking up to a new day ready to face what is given to me by God
- Grateful that I am learning to walk by faith slowly knowing this is Gods plan and not mine
- Being grateful for and taking time to love the life I have
So while others are out making resolutions that will fade quickly, I will say hold your loved ones close, tell them every day that you love them, and make sure you find one thing to be grateful for each day. End your day in prayer of thankfulness to the one who holds you when you can no longer hold yourself.
May everyone stay safe tonight, take Uber/Lyft rides if necessary, and enjoy your New Year. 2019 is going to be a better year than 2018!